1. Make a plan – If you want to lose weight, you need to make a plan for it. Planning involves setting your goals both short-term and long-term ones. With proper planning, you would be able to have an effective guide on the steps that you want to take, towards losing pounds of weight. Aside from that, it would also keep you motivated.
2. Watch sports – When you watch people playing sports, whether you are going to do it by visiting stadiums or simply watching them on television, you would see how fit the athletes are. Because of that, you would be inspired more in hitting your fitness goals. Aside from that, you might even be motivated in getting involved with certain types of sports.
3. Maintain proper posture – When you stand or sit down properly, you would not just ensure that you would be able to practice proper breathing techniques. It would also help you look thinner, aside from the fact that it can develop the core muscles of your body. Standing straight would keep your abdominal muscles tightened, which can develop the strength of your stomach and make you lose weight.
4. Make a list of the disadvantages of gaining more weight – One of the things that can provide you the motivation to lose weight is to make a list of the disadvantages of gaining more. When you gain more weight, you may find it harder to fit into your clothes. Aside from that, it can also put you at risk to certain diseases. Other disadvantages would include easily becoming fatigue, not being able to perform certain physical activities, and many more.
5. Get yourself a pet dog – When you go and visit the park, take a look around you, and you will see people with their pets. One of the things that you can observe is that most pet owners are not fat. This is because their pets can increase their daily physical activities when they walk them around the neighborhood each day. Aside from that, if you have a pet, you can play with him all day, without realizing that you are already burning calories.
6. Warm up before starting your workout routine – Warming up prior to starting your workout routine would give you lots of benefits. Aside from preventing certain injuries, it can also ensure that your muscles are loosened up properly. Because of that, you would be able to perform the routines the right way and benefit from them.
7. Motivate yourself – Without the right motivation, you may not be able to reach your weight loss goals. Thus, it is best if you come up with ways to get motivated. One of the ways to do it is to imagine yourself when you have already lost weight. Aside from that, you can also list down the advantages that you can enjoy with it.
8. Inform your friends and family of your plans – Prior to taking the steps in losing weight, it is best to inform your friends and family about it. This is because they can provide you with the support you need. They can provide you with encouragement, and they can also help in preventing you from eating foods that are unhealthy.
9. Take a picture of yourself prior to taking the initial steps in losing weight – One of the best ways to monitor your progress is to take a picture of yourself just before you start. By doing this, you can compare it with a new image after weeks of doing certain things, which can help you lose weight. Thus, it is also best if you take pictures each time you lose a certain amount of weight.
10. Chew your food thoroughly – When you chew your food thoroughly, you would not just enjoy your food better, but it can also help you lose weight. This is because doing that would prolong your time of eating, which would provide your body a chance to distinguish being full. In short, when you eat slower, you would be consuming lesser amounts of foods, than eating faster.
11. Avoid sitting down for long periods of time – Sitting down for long periods of time can develop back or neck pain. Aside from that, it can also prevent you from losing weight. However, if you cannot avoid it, you can still help yourself lose weight by walking around the hallways from time to time. You can also walk around the building during lunch and break times.
12. Become a do-it-yourself person – Doing lots of things by yourself can help you lose weight. Thus, becoming a DIY person would help you in achieving your goals. What you
can do is to take a look around your place, and see if there are things that need to be repaired, and do it yourself. Aside from that, you can also think of certain projects for you home, and do it from scratch, or check for DIY kits in the market.
13. Eat oatmeal – Eating oatmeal can greatly help you in losing weight, especially if you do it in the morning. Oats are actually loaded with dietary fiber, which can naturally suppress your appetite. Aside from that, due to its high fiber content, it can also make your body burn more calories in processing it.
14.Eat an apple before dinner – Eating an apple just a few minutes to eating dinner can help you lose weight since it can suppress your appetite effectively. You can also do it during snacks. It is better to include the skin, as long as the apple has been grown organically since it contains lots of essential nutrients.
15.Eat banana when you wake up in the morning – When you eat a piece of banana when you wake up, it would provide your body with the energy that it needs to jumpstart your day. Aside from that, it is also loaded with nutrients, which can help you maintain good health. More importantly, it can also help in suppressing your appetite naturally.
16. Drink water minutes before eating breakfast – Drinking water in the morning, especially before eating breakfast, can give you the feeling of being full. Thus, it can suppress your
appetite to some extent. Aside from that, it can also help you cleanse your system more effectively by flushing out toxins.
17.Make sure that your goals are achievable – It is very important to set goals in starting your weight loss program. However, make sure that they are achievable in a certain period of time. By doing that, you would provide yourself with more encouragement and motivation, each time you are able to reach them.
18.It is always better to have fresh fruits than fruit juices – Although fruit juices in most cases contain the nutrients that fresh fruits have, they are usually stripped down of the natural fibers. Fiber can actually provide you with lots of benefits in terms of losing weight, especially when it comes to appetite suppression. Aside from that, some companies may also add sugar to their fruit juices.
19. Cut down your consumption of alcohol – Several alcoholic beverages actually contain lots of calories. Because of that, alcohol consumption should be cut out or at least be kept to a minimum level. Aside from that, when you drink such types of drinks, it can affect your activities the next day. Thus, it means that it can make you postpone your exercise, and stay in bed the whole day.
20.Avoid salt as much as you can – Eating foods that are high in salt content is not a good idea if you want to lose weight. This is because salt can facilitate water retention in your body, as well as bloating. In addition, it can also put you at risk to high blood pressure and certain heart diseases.