The avocado is one of the fruits that is ranked in the Superfoods category. This is because of its high nutritional values and benefits. Avocados are rich in vitamins, fibre, minerals and it also contains good fat. The avocado consists of 73% water, 15% fat, 8.5% carbohydrates (mostly fibres) and 2% protein. Some of the reasons why avocados are good for you to include in your diet frequently are;
- Weight Loss – Due to its high-fat content, several people might come to the conclusion that they are fattening and should be avoided. On the contrary including an avocado in your diet will make you full for longer periods and this will minimize your desire to consume food for some time. Thus avocados can be great if included in a weight loss diet.
- Better Digestion – Avocados are rich in fibre which in turn help in digestion by lowering the risk of colon cancer and preventing constipation.
- Prevention Of Cancer – Avocados are rich in folate which researchers have found plays a key role in the prevention of cancers such as cervical, stomach, pancreatic and colon cancers.
- Healthy Heart – Avocados can help your heart by helping you maintain your cholesterol levels. This is made possible by beta-sitosterol that is found in avocados.
- Detoxification – Avocados are natural detoxification agents due to the high levels of fibre that they contain. The fibre makes bowel movements easier and frequent. This, in turn, facilitates the excretion of toxins through bile and stool from the body.